October 10, 2023
Throughout the ages since Jesus was crucified, many religious revivallist types have said, “The end is near!” They were mostly laughed at, of course, by the unreligious. In fact, in this modern era there have been some great cartoons drawn about the image produced in their minds →
However, I am going to get serious and try to leave the foolishness behind…
Why? Because many of the items listed below have recently begun to appear in real life. Perhaps I should say”reappear,” since over the decades, these indications have repeatedly shown their ugly faces — at least, in part. Now, however, I see them all happening pretty much at the same time.
It might be time for everyone to reconsider the seriousness of events and what they very well might mean for themselves and their loved ones.
We should stop mocking and start seriously considering the weight of the current situation. There are horrible calamities all around the world
- from Climate Changes to Natural Disasters to Slaughter of men, women, and children, the young and the old, the feeble and the strong.
“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.”
Below are some points taken from Jesus’ discourse about the Last Days from Matthew 24:
The beginning of the end:
- many False Messiahs
- Wars and rumors of wars
- nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom
- earthquakes in various places
- persecutions of Christians
- people will hate one another
- all nations will hate Christians
- Christians will fall away, fearing retributions
- Christians will betray one another
- false prophets will arise
- lawlessness will multiply
- love will grow cold
- the Gospel will be proclaimed throughout the whole world
Then the end will come:
- “So if they tell you, ‘See, he’s in the wilderness! ’ don’t go out; or,
- ‘See, he’s in the storerooms! ’ do not believe it.
- For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.”